S erving the area County Since 1923
The Beckwith Mortuary has its beginning in the little town of Belpre, Kansas, in 1913 under the name of Beckwith Furniture, Hardware, Implements and Undertaking. H.T. Beckwith, owner, and was the first Beckwith to join this profession. In 1923, H.T. Beckwith moved his business to Larned, opening on the corner of 5th & Main. His business remained there until 1934 when he built a new stucco building on the corner of 10th & Main. His son C. K. Beckwith became his partner and worked with H.T. until 1940 when H.T. retired due to ill health. In 1937, they were joined by Catherine Beckwith, sister of C. K. who was a licensed assistant funeral director., In 1961, C. Kay Beckwith, son of C.K. began working at the mortuary, he retired in 1995. In 1974 Kim M. Beckwith joined his brother Kay in the family business,Kim retired in May of 2011. In 1985, Kyle L. Beckwith join the family business. The Beckwith's have served the families of the area for four generation.